aka Belinda's exciting adventures in blog form.
- left the house at 8:02 and still made it to school on time. at this rate, by the end of senior year i’ll probably have the walking time down to 6 seconds.
- had this hilariously cranky old sub for chem, which contained about 15 people due to the spanish field trip. studied for sat math 2 and remembered why i hated precalc
also jason decided it’d be a good idea to snapchat cameron with pictures of me. -__-
- slkjpoawienaiuwgoiuyawef i’m so in love with “Les Parapluies de Cherbourg”. it’s actually loading in the other tab right now…i have to rewatch the beginning because madame’s worksheet is crazy detailed and i don’t remember who said what.
- finished the godfather in APUSH
- lunch with cameron again
- Hamlit was actually started with a bang. margot sat in justin’s spot, and right as the bell rang he tried to push her out, and then Brewer started BOOMING about how you should never touch a woman without her consent, how justin had no right to force her out of the seat since there is no assigned seating and his buttocks were not there before she was, and how if he doesn’t get it together in the future “women will be scarce and you will still be lonely”. damn. i almost gave him a standing ovation. although the whole ordeal was not that serious, i think justin (and all the other males in the class) needed that.
- unfortunately the rest of class was not as interesting…we continued talking about “The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock”, which is actually pretty interesting if you analyse it, but as the period dragged on i ended up falling asleep and the class disintegrated into chaos as usual.
- so band was also pretty unusual…i’m just going to make a separate post about that crap. the period ended nicely though, with all of us in the band park.
- calc was really boring, we just sat through presentations, which were pretty much mumbling and projector malfunctions.
- got my SAT II Chem score back! not as good as i had hoped, but still a good score. :)
whooo! haven’t done one of these in ages
- APUSH TEST. MC was harder than expected, but the free response actually went really well (except then my hand was limp for 10 minutes)
- I’M DONE WITH AP TESTING.
- lunch with cameron, the usual
- read A Certain Ambiguity in calc, got mind-blown several times
- link crew training! i remembered everything from last year, so it wasn’t too novel, but still fun
- went to chamber. turns out jazz band members got released at 4:00, but since i was planning on staying until 5:00 anyway and i felt it’d be better to not incur the wrath of dahms (especially since i missed the first half of rehearsal) i volunteered to stay.
also wesley’s concerto is way too fast to count, and brian’s concerto is way too slow to count. blakjdpoianwefawe
- BAND CONCERT!!!!!!
-80% of the rhythm section for jazz didn’t show up at 6:00, leading to panic and a semi-bad rehearsal
-actual performance of the jazz band was fab. symph band also sounded fab. we’re all fab. go us.
-so mr. hendee passed out some awards after Undertow, and i didn’t get one then, and i was a little bummed. so then when he finished passing out senior medallions, kelly and i went back to get his gift, only to have him catch me off guard and call me up to get an award. it was a really nice surprise actually; i genuinely thought i wasn’t getting one.
-i think hendee really enjoyed his presents! also, i gave the worst speech known to man.
- this deserves its own bullet point: I WAS DROOLING SO MUCH DURING THE CONCERT. IT WAS SO GROSS. like within the first 24 bars of Undertow it was just like oh crap i can feel the spit building. and then i put down my tuba to present mr. hendee’s gift, and spit got onto boris’ bell. ratchet (chain, ratchet, chain, ratchet chain ratchet chain trillllllllllllllllllllllllllll bass drum)
- dad bought a fire extinguisher.
Kelly Victoria Chan: District Newsletter Editor for Key Club, Miss March Singtao, and thug extraordinaire.