- asked cameron to winterball with a few hitches today, one of them being writing the wrong input value for a math problem. go me for screwing up my own winterball proposal the second year in a row.
- submitted the damn Elks scholarship yesterday; those people are sooooooooo picky.
- calc group presentation was pretty bomb
- east of eden is actually quite a fantastic book. :)
in other news ANNIE IS TAKING OVER MY LIFE. like i literally wake up in the morning and have annie music in my head.
- so i now share space in the pit with singers, which is both a curse and a blessing. usually they’re really fun and make pit hilarious, but when lenee shows up i just want to strangle them and tell them to shut up. seriously though, they are so loud during bows….also, if i have to hear the word “mahogany" one more time i will go crazy.
- in general, annie is surprisingly short. i know this week is hell week, but it really doesn’t feel like hell in the pit, and i can’t seem to grasp that tomorrow is opening night….
on the bright side, i think this is the strongest show i’ve done. A+ (especially to Hannigan)
- also, in general, i think annie as a musical is really stupid. and it’s full of plot holes. and the number of “Oh boy!” exclamations is too damn high.
IT IS OFFICIALLY THANKSGIVING BREAK. WOOOOOOOOOOOO.
- pretty sure i beasted that marketing test. ms. stephens also brought us doughnuts, and i’m pretty sure i ate the best half of a glazed donut known to man this morning.
unfortunately, we didn’t finish a league of their own, but that gives me something to watch over break :)
- band was standard “people get your shit together our concert is in 2.5 weeks,” along with a lot of “percussion what are you doing” interruptions
- euro test was horrible. still don’t know who robert walpole is. 99.9999% sure he wasn’t in the book.
- APEL WAS AMAZING BECAUSE I SWITCHED SEATS!!!!!!!!!!!
really though, today dasha looked me in the eye and said, “Why do you think Rosencrantz and Guildenstern don’t really seem to keep a steady identity?” without any prompting from unti. WE HAD AN ANALYTICAL AND STIMULATING DISCUSSION. ON OUR OWN. IT WAS WONDERFUL
- BMUN assignments are out! debating whether or not i should try for chinese state council and risk addressing the committee with my terrible mandarin
- well, i thought my econ test was a piece of cake, although marlis just posted that i got an 85 on it…:/
on the bright side, though, he brought us donuts as well :)
- i actually really enjoy AMC problems.
- physics test was…good? it wasn’t a breeze, but i can’t think of anywhere that i went wrong, so….
and just as a side note, yesterday pinsky brought us milk and cookies and it was delicious :)
Okay other really wonderful news from the home front:
- my dad got a job! it’s just for a month, but i’m beyond ecstatic :) he starts on monday and i don’t think anyone is looking forward to rush hour traffic more than he is.
- alice got a PERFECT SCORE on her evolution midterm!
- the painted rooms look lovely, and we’re painting my room tomorrow. i also finally took down that crazy flower arch that’s been in my room for 10+ years, and dayum.
- dad came up with the best name to go with “liu”: Walter. Walter Liu.
yes it sounds like waterloo that’s the point haha ay there’s the pun
but most importantly IT IS FINALLY BREAK!!!!!!! i get to get all of my work done and go to school with alice and redo my room and read and sleep and sleep some more and not have annie music stuck in my head!!!!
The year is 2200. The low brass has finally decided it is time to empty their spit valves.
Villages wash away
Woodwinds are dying
We must evacuate to Planet X.
(Source: merry-mello, via fuckyeahbandbuffalo)